The P.R.I.D.E. (Personal Responsibility through Independence and Developmental Education) Alternative Program is for those students who are not experiencing success at their home school due to their behavior/emotional disorder.
Program goals include:
- To provide an educational atmosphere that fosters a desire by students to succeed in school.
- To strengthen academic skills and functional performance.
- To develop within each individual student a positive self-concept.
- To help students learn to cope with everyday stress, regardless of its origin.
- To prepare all students to live independently both socially and vocationally.
- To mainstream students back to their resident district school whenever appropriate.
- To instill within each student, the emotional and physical ability to function as an independent, self-sufficient adult.