The Early Childhood Program (EC) serves students 3 through 5 years of age with delays in physical development, intellectual development, communication development, and/or adaptive development. The early childhood program focuses on the developmental areas: intellectual, speech and language development, gross and fine motor, social-emotional and self-help skills. The children learn through a structured instructional program that is aligned with the Early Learning Standards and includes Research-Based Interventions.
Program goals are:
- To foster health and physical development.
- To provide for intellectual development.
- To promote social awareness.
- To promote a positive self-concept.
- To promote curiosity and creativity.
- To promote parent involvement in the child’s program and progress.